December 7, 2009

Cash Rulz Everything Around Me

One of my perhaps hidden passions is money and the accumulation thereof. As shallow and terse as this appears initially, my motives are far from. Wealth management and the economy in general, I feel, are not adequately taught in the US' primary education systems. In fact, information on finances is not really that accessible at all (atleast most people don't know where to start.) You see, the thing with money is that you have to seek the knowledge on how to handle it properly.
Sure, we've all heard to save money (spend less than you earn), but how much cash have you put into savings this month? Also, many people associate high salaries and worldy goods with wealth. What they were never taught, however, was to recognize the difference between being "rich" versus being "wealthy." Think about that for a minute.
While I am far from having a great knowledge on this topic, I am surrounded by many people who do; one being my Mother, who is a stock guru and an aspiring financial planner. I've always wanted to do a post on money, but wasn't sure how to present it simply. Luckily, I stumbled across this video today where Dan Ariely, Professor of Behavorial Economics at Duke University, covers some of the most basic tenets of money management in laymen's terms.


To get you started, here are some books I've read, and would certainly recommend for other newbies.

Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach
and my next read is Suze Orman's Young, Fabulous & Broke



Forgive the cheesy title, but please remember that you are never too young to secure your financial future!

P.S.



Now Playing: Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)





No comments:

Post a Comment